The Teanglann app is now available, and is free of charge – you can get the version for Apple devices here and the Android version here.
You can download up to 3 Irish language dictionaries plus grammar and sound files. You can customise usage of these datasets according to your needs – if you need to free up space on your device you can remove datasets, and then re-download them later if you wish.
Functions and Features:
- Only download the database(s) you want or need;
- Search autocomplete to help you find words and phrases quickly;
- A ‘favourites’ feature to help you save your favourite entries;
- A ‘recent searches’ list to help you return to words you viewed recently;
- Double-tap on a word within an entry to look up a new entry;
- Interface available in English or Irish (or French).